How the Cambridge Rotary Club helps our community:
- We help educate our children through scholarships,
- We give free dictionaries to all 3rd graders in Dorchester County
- We present awards recognizing Dorchester county students and teachers for excellence.
- We build free wheelchair ramps for people in need.
- We revitalized and maintain the long Wharf WWI Veterans memorial fountain and are continuing with improvements to the long wharf park
- We raise funds for many local charitable organizations including
- Salvation Army
- The Cambridge Empowerment Center
- Cold Weather Shelter,
- United Way
- Many others.
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who come together to make positive, lasting change in communities at home and abroad.
Solving real problems takes real commitment and vision. For more than 110 years, Rotary members have used their passion, energy, and intelligence to take action on sustainable projects. From literacy and peace to water and health, we are always working to better our world, and we stay committed to the end.Our motto: Service Above Self
What we do:
Rotary members believe that we have a shared responsibility to take action on our world’s most persistent issues. Our 35,000+ clubs work together to:
- Promote peace
- Fight disease (Polio Eradication)
- Provide clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Save mothers and children
- Support education
- Grow local economies
Every day, in our communities and around the world, our neighbors face tough challenges — conflict, disease, and lack of clean water, health care, education, and economic opportunity.
Rotarians have a vision of what’s possible for their neighbors. They mobilize community leaders and experts to take action and make a real difference.
- For over a century, Rotary has united leaders of all ages and experiences, cultures, and professions, to strengthen their communities.
- Through regular club programs, projects, and neighborhood activities, our members learn about the issues that face our communities and exchange ideas about how to take action to respond to them.
- Members also connect through club events, outings, and visits to other clubs around the globe, giving them unique opportunities to forge personal and professional connections.
- Together with our partners, neighbors, and friends, we’re:
- Promoting peace, encouraging dialogue to foster understanding within and across cultures
- Fighting disease, educating and equipping communities to stop the spread of life-threatening or preventable diseases.
- Providing clean water, building local solutions to bring clean water and sanitation services to more people every day.
- Saving mothers and children, expanding access to quality care, so mothers and children can live and grow stronger.
- Supporting education, expanding access to education and empowering educators to inspire more children and adults to learn.
- Growing local economies, creating opportunities for individuals and communities to thrive financially and socially.
- Eradicating polio, uniting the world to end polio, once and for all.
- Rotary is a trusted partner and resource. With members and projects in almost every part of the globe, there’s no limit to the good we can do.
- Rotary provides opportunities to grow personally and professionally — through mentorship, skill building, service projects, travel opportunities, networking, and more.